Thursday, September 4, 2014

Find out your Implicit behaviors:

My Results:
"Thank you for your participation. In this study, we are investigating how preferences form. After you learned about two "original" people, then we briefly introduced you to two "new" people. We hypothesize that your feelings toward the original people will "rub off" onto the new people from the same group. So, if Reemolap does mostly bad stuff, and then you learn that Bossalap is from the same group, it is possible that your feelings about Reemolap will influence your feelings about Bossalap," https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/Study?tid=-1

My Reflection:
Humph. This was a really interesting survey. I felt anxiety for the last two parts of the survey, where Reemolap was categorized with Good, knowing I had to answer quick, and not allowing more time to process the question, was difficult for me. The study concluded what I thought, which is I have a preference for Vabbiniff, with the little information I collected at the beginning. 
I think the debrief was is useful in my implicit thoughts of names, and groups of people. I would like to call myself un-biased, and thoughtful without judgement. So seeing areas where I can slow down and make my own judgement with information I, personally, have collected, and not spreading negative impressions to others. Just like I don't want to take on someone else's opinions, without discovering it on my own. This survey is wonderful to use in a classroom, to put any prejudice into perspective. Maybe build a healthy classroom discussion around the IAT topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment